As part of the growth in its partnership, Citrix also announced a reinvigoration of its offerings under a cloud mandate utilizing Microsoft Azure as the preferred and strategic cloud. Other notable and industry-first developments for joint customers are:
1. Flexible deployment options for Windows 10 Enterprise.
2. Management of images by licensed Windows 10 Enterprise users on Azure through its XenDesktop virtual desktop.
3. Citrix customers will be allowed to use AppDNA to test custom-built corporate apps for compatibility issues, thereby expediting Windows 10 migration.
4. Skype for Business will be optimized and delivered with Citrix XenApp and XenDestop virtual desktop’s (VDI) high level of security.
5. Full versions of Office 365, including plugins and macros, using Critix XenApp.
6. On-premises application management using secure virtual private network capabilities resulting from Citrix NetScaler’s integration with EMS.
As stated by Scott Guthrie, Executive VP of Cloud and Enterprise at Microsoft, the Citrix-Microsoft pairing will help “companies mobilize their workforces to succeed in today’s highly competitive, disruptive and global business environment.”
With so many more exciting innovations on Citrix and Microsoft’s roadmap, organizations have a unique opportunity to enhance their productivity, compliance and efficiency. As a Citrix and Microsoft Partner, Axiom IO, has been helping organisations deploy these solutions globally. Should you wish to learn more about how Citrix Management Solutions may be utilized within your organization, please feel free to contact us.